Fresh Pumpkin Pie
November 2, 2012 1 Comment
With Halloween over its now the beginning of one of my favorite times of the year.
Throughout my life I have always looked forward to the days after Halloween when I finally get to bake and eat fresh pumpkin pie.
There is nothing quite like the warm deliciously exhilarating feeling you get when you taste the first fresh pumpkin pie of the year. It always brings back wonderful childhood memories.
To make a delicious fresh pumpkin pie, first you need to start off with a deliciously flaky pie crust, or Pâte Brisée. Here is a recipe for a Flaky Butter Pie Crust.
Fresh Pumpkin Pie
Bake Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups fresh pumpkin puree (do not substitute canned puree)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In mixing bowl, combine fresh pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour.
- Add eggs; mix until well blended.
- Add evaporated milk, water and vanilla; mix until smooth and well blended.
- Pour pumpkin pie mixture into the prepared pastry lined pie plate.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake for about 35 minutes longer, until the pumpkin filling is set.
Let cool for a couple of hours then slice and serve with fresh whipped cream (Cool Whip just doesn’t do this pie justice) and add a light dusting of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- How to Make Flaky Piecrusts (williams-sonoma.com)
- Six Autumn Desserts for the Upcoming Holidays or Everyday! (berries.com)
- Magical Pumpkin Pie (dustythane.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Recipe: Goat Cheese and Heirloom Tomato Tart (williams-sonoma.com)
- Pecan Sandies (andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Pie (studentseat.wordpress.com)
- Mom’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe (kristivaliant.blogspot.com)